juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello, How can I join the Juneau project?
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 14:49:03 GMT

> On May 5, 2017, at 6:05 AM, James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Raphi,
>
> Thanks again for your interest.
>
> Are you an "official" commiter yet?  (i.e. have you signed and faxed your
> CLA to Apache?)

As a new contributor to Apache projects, it is desired but not yet necessary to file an ICLA
with the secretary. There are better ways than fax to submit the paperwork. But don't let
the paperwork stop you from contributing to the project. http://www.apache.org/licenses/#submitting

This is where all the community discussion takes place.

If you want some history, https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@juneau.apache.org

Welcome!

Craig

> On the home page, there's a Community link on the right.  Under there are
> sections "Becoming a contributor" and "Developer how-to articles" to help
> you get started.
>
> The instructions for setting up your workspace are Eclipse-centric.  We
> don't force you to use Eclipse, but that's what the original developers
> were familiar with.  If you use another IDE for development, we could use
> help putting together documentation it as well.
>
> All documentation for the project (besides the homepage) is maintained in
> Javadocs.  If you want to become familiar with the project, I recommend
> reading the Overview document.  We could use feedback on the documentation
> if anything is confusing (or just wrong).  After reading that doc, you may
> have some good ideas on areas where you would like to contribute.
>
> Hope this helps!
>

> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:26 PM, Raphi D Lee <yidonguk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello, all
>>
>> My name is Raphi.
>> I am very interested in Juneau Project and want to join the project.
>> But I am feeling difficulty to start because I’m new to Apache Project as
>> a Contributor.
>>
>> Could you give me a little help?
>>
>> What do I do first?
>>
>> Need introductions?
>>  - I have 10+ years of Java based RESTful and HTTP over API Services
>> development experiences on telecom industry and mobile payment service.
>>  - I am taking a rest from working for a while, So I can share lots of
>> times to Project. :)
>>  - Even though I speak(write) in English like this, I am a native Korean
>> speaker. I think it’s helpful for translation jobs later… if it exists..
>>

>> If you need more informations or anything, just tell me.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Regards.
>>
>> Raphi D Lee, yidonguk@gmail.com
>>

>>> 전달된 메시지 시작:
>>>
>>> 보낸 사람: James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org>
>>> 제목: Re: Hello, How can I join the Juneau project?
>>> 날짜: 2017년 5월 4일 오후 10시 19분 1초 GMT+9
>>> 받는 사람: 이동욱 <yidonguk@gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Hi Raphi,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your interest in the project!  Please post a request and
>> introduction to dev@juneau.apache.org <mailto:dev@juneau.apache.org> and
>> the team can help you get set up.
>>>
>>> Hope to hear from you soon.
>>>
>>> On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:29 AM, 이동욱 <yidonguk@gmail.com <mailto:
>> yidonguk@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> - Sorry for email from stranger.
>>> - Congratulations for The new Release.
>>>
>>> Hey, my name is Raphi. I am very interested on Juneau Project and want
>> to join the project.
>>> but I don’t know how and where to start..
>>> Could you give me a little help?
>>>
>>> I have 10+ yrs of Java based Development(RESTful and HTTP over API
>> Services) experience.
>>> And I am in breaking time from work.
>>>
>>> So, If you think I can be a help for the Project, tell me What do I do
> [...]

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org