juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <john.d.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.2.0-incubating RC1
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:46:24 GMT
On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 10:06 AM Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Jochen, sorry but I'm going to disagree with you on this.  PPMC votes are
> > only binding for accepting committers/PPMC members.  They are not binding
> > for releases.  The fact that the podling voted positively to release is
> an
> > important sign, and what needs to be carried forward to the IPMC.
>
> All the better!

I'm not sure what to do with this response.  However, I wanted to cite the
existing policy document [1].

Therefore, should a Podling decide it wishes to perform a release, the
Podling SHALL hold a vote on the Podling's public dev list. At least three
+1 votes are required (see the Apache Voting Process page). If the majority
of all votes is positive, then the Podling SHALL send a summary of that
vote to the Incubator's general list and formally request the Incubator PMC
approve such a release. Three +1 Incubator PMC votes are required. Below is
an example showing how an incubating project managed this process:

Therefore, its clear that the binding/non-binding status is irrelevant on
the dev list.

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases