juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.2.0-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 02:37:49 GMT
The requirement is that you get 3 +1's on the dev list.  There is no
requirement for PPMC, IPMC or other to factor into these counts.

So change this line

If the vote has not passed (less than +3 IPMC/PPMC, or more negative than
positive) then you will need to pull the release candidate and start over
after addressing the concerns.

If the vote has not passed (less than +3 votes, or more negative than

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I got it.  Please review the following instructions and feel free
> to make edits if necessary:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/New+release+guidelines#Newreleaseguidelines-4-Voting
>
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 8:34 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 8:31 PM Craig Russell <apache.clr@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Mentor hat on.
> > >
> > > I would recommend *not* using the term "binding" for anything related
> > > the PPMC.
> > >
> > > Binding votes are a term of art when applied to a PMC.
> > > https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#binding-votes
> > >
> > > It's up to the PPMC whether votes by community members should be
> counted
> > > toward the three +1 votes on the dev list. Hopefully, there will be
> three
> > > votes by PPMC members to forward the vote to the IPMC. It's fine to
> > include
> > > community votes when forwarding the vote to the IPMC. It's fine to
> > separate
> > > community votes from PPMC votes. It's best to not refer to binding
> votes
> > at
> > > this level.
> > >
> > > At the IPMC level "binding" votes are cast by IPMC members. No one
> else.

> > votes
> > >
> > > No. This is correct:
> > >
> > > On the podling-level vote, anyone listed as a current member here
> > > <http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/index.html#community.html> is a
> > > PPMC vote.  Anyone else can vote as non-PPMC.  Only IPMC members votes
> > > carry over as "binding" on the incubator-level vote.
> > >
> > > So, you may like to summarize the dev list vote thusly:
> > >
> > > Voting for Apache Juneau 6.2.0-incubating is now closed. The release
> > > has passed with the following tally:
> > >
> > > +1s:
> > > James Bognor (PPMC)
> > > Steve Blackmon (PPMC)
> > > John D. Ament (IPMC)
> > > Craig Russell (IPMC)
> > > Joey Frazee
> > >
> > > Thanks everyone who voted!
> > >
> > > I understand this is a bit of intricacy but "binding" is a
> long-standing
> > > term that even predates the existence of the incubator.
> > >

> > Personally, I'd just avoid listing out anything other IPMCs in special
> > manner.
> >
> > I also want to point out this section of our website -
> > http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#PPMC+binding+votes - which
> > matches some broad discussion had on what makes a binding vote, and when
> (I
> > initiated it, because a lot of podlings like to misuse binding).
> >
> > John
> >

> > > Craig

> > john.d.ament@gmail.com>

> > johndament@apache.org