juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Juneau 6.2.0-incubating RC1
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:57:28 GMT
On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>
wrote:

> James,
>
> there are only two binding votes, so the result is FAILED.
>
> I apologize, because that is most likely my fault, as I might have
> added the missing vote. Nevertheless, I must ask you to repeat the
> vote. (The artifacts can stay the same, though.)

Jochen, sorry but I'm going to disagree with you on this.  PPMC votes are
only binding for accepting committers/PPMC members.  They are not binding
for releases.  The fact that the podling voted positively to release is an
important sign, and what needs to be carried forward to the IPMC.

Podlings should not expect to receive 3 binding +1's from IPMC members on
the dev list, unless mentors are fully engaged.