juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: javax.json support
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 02:32:54 GMT
On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 10:11 PM John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hey guys
>
> Just wondering, would there be interest in pursuing a wrapper layer over
> Juneau as an implementation of JSR-353, JSON-P https://jsonp.java.net/ ?
>
> Obviously we couldn't say that we pass the TCK, due to licensing issues,
> but I think it would overall be a huge step in the direction of adoption if
> we can implement these interfaces within Juneau.  And then, if we're on the
> subject, adding support for JSON-B (
> https://java.net/projects/jsonb-spec/pages/Home )
>
> (And of course, I expect a following email from James indicating that he
> already has it, and I missed it.. :-)
>
> John

Nope...not implemented yet :-p

I looked briefly at JSON-B when I added MessagePack support (which is very
similar).  IIRC, the difficulty with JSON-B was that you needed to know the
data sizes of the children before serialization which isn't easy doing when
you're trying to do everything in a single pass of the data structure
without a DOM.

JSONP is interesting and Nick and Min wanted me to add that support years
ago but I never got around to it. (and they left their project at IBM so
nobody else was asking for it)

I'm probably going to be busy for a while working on the proxy interface
support with the Streams team, so anyone wishing to work on either, please
feel free to step up!

--
James Bognar