juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Using Slack for discussions?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 01:54:38 GMT

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 6:49 PM, Craig Russell <craig.russell@oracle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 22, 2017, at 4:10 PM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>>
>> Any thoughts from the group about using Slack for usage questions?
>>
>> The current email thread with Steve is more of a usage discussion.  Using
>> Slack might be better for these kinds of discussions since it allows for
>> immediate responses.  It appears the Netbeans project uses Slack for
>> communications that don't involve project decisions.
>
> Two observations:
>
> - the discussion did not appear to me to have any time-critical items in it. There were
hours if not days between responses

> - it would be difficult to transcribe/summarize a Slack discussion to bring it back to
the dev list. So I guess that it would not have come back here

That said, I have no objections to use of any real-time communications channels that the group
wants to use, as long as there are no decisions made and all relevant communications come
back to the dev list where everyone can see and discuss them.

Craig

> Craig
>>
>> Vote?
>>

>> --