juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Use of Slack on Apache Juneau team.
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 00:18:58 GMT
To be honest, I do not see that using Slack will help this project. The recent user oriented
discussion about RestClient, ... best practices is the kind of discussion that belongs on
the mail list. It's easily searchable on lists.apache.org and so others who might have similar
questions can find it. If this discussion had been on slack, how would anyone find it?

Craig

> On Mar 25, 2017, at 9:59 AM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>
> Let's hold two votes on whether to use Slack as a communications channel:
>
> 1) Use Slack for internal questions / brief discussions.  All decision
> making to remain in email.
>
> 2) Use Slack for external questions (e.g. users who have questions).
>

> Normal 72 hour window applies.
>

> --
> James Bognar

Craig L Russell