juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Release vote email threads
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:33:24 GMT
Hey guys

Just some thoughts.  I'm not sure if my initial email on this subject was
misunderstood or what.  My proposal for the release process was that:

- Someone creates the release candidate
- Some people smoke review it
- Enough people say OK, then move it to the IPMC for votes

This seemingly turned into two threads for juneau releases - one for votes,
one for discussion.  Its confusing because when I search my email, I tend
to find the discussion threads first.  Ideally, discussions would happen
before the release is cut, as a heads up the release is going out.  Once
we're OK on the release then let it go in front of the IPMC.

John