juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSE] Release Apache Juneau 6.1.0-incubating RC1
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2017 21:08:39 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've been making a LOT of changes in Juneau since Christmas, and I think
it's in a state where we can create a new release.  I'm thinking it
warrants a minor version update, so 6.1.0-RC1.

The bigger items include:

   - HTML5 DTO support
   <http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/site/apidocs/org/apache/juneau/dto/html5/package-summary.html>.
   The Streams team is waiting for this.
   - Significant improvements to XML and HTML serializers and parsers.
   - XML support methodology section added to org.apache.juneau.xml
   <http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/site/apidocs/org/apache/juneau/xml/package-summary.html>
   - HTML support methodology section added to org.apache.juneau.html
   <http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/site/apidocs/org/apache/juneau/html/package-summary.html>
   - Support for session-level locale, time-zone, and media type.
   Serializers and parsers now have access to Locale and TimeZone of incoming
   REST requests
   - Project structures have been renamed and reworked.  JAX-RS and Jena
   related code have been moved to separate projects.

The full list of changes can be found here
<http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/site/apidocs/overview-summary.html#6.0.2>
.

John...I know you've been working on examples.  Do you want me to hold off
until you're at a place to deliver your changes?

I'll start the process if I don't hear any objections in the next 72 hours.