juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: More/Simpler Examples
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:30:00 GMT
Hi John,

This is great!  Some notes...

There's an existing juneau-samples project.  But it's more targeted towards
REST examples.  Maybe have the following two projects...

   - juneau-examples-rest
   - juneau-examples-core

While we're at it, maybe rename the following projects to highlight that
they're REST apis?...

   - juneau-server -> juneau.rest
   - juneau.client -> juneau.rest.client

Your example uses constructor arguments for setting bean properties instead
of setters.  While this works fine, setters are generally faster.  With
setters, the bean can be instantiated immediately and properties set as we
find them in the input.  But with constructor args, we have to cache the
property values temporarily before we call the constructor.  So there's an
additional HashMap being created.  Just something to keep in mind.

--
James Bognar