juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Hello on behalf of Podling Streams
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 14:32:13 GMT
Hi Steve!

I welcome your interest in our project!  We're looking for ways to increase
external participation.

Juneau's been a pet-project of mine for a while as an internal IBM
community source project.  There are probably differences between Jackson
and Juneau since I specifically did NOT look at the Jackson implementation
so that it would be a cleanroom implementation.  However, I know teams that
successfully converted from Jackson to Juneau.  One team did performance
tests and showed that Juneau was 20% faster than Jackson for a base set of
data and that the performance improved with larger datasets.

I haven't looked at JSON-LD specifically.  I'll have to investigate to look
at the feasibility.  One possible issue I see is that Juneau doesn't use a
DOM for serializing/parsing for any of the languages (except the Jena-based
RDF ones).  That's one of the reasons why it's efficient....it marshalls
directly from POJOs.

I'll join the mailing list and contribute any ideas I have.

Thanks!
James.

--
James Bognar