juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 16:21:03 GMT
Hi James,

Thinking out loud here…

There are other ways of publicizing the excellent work that is coming out of this project.
Blogs are the most obvious thing I can think of that don’t involve public speaking. (Unless
you consider blogging to be public speaking in which case I don’t know what to think of
;-)

The other thing that might be useful is to look around Apache at other Java projects and see
if there is a natural fit. For example, IIRC, Cassandra, CouchDB, JPA, JDO, Hadoop all use
Java. Could Juneau help make it easier to implement micro services or to present data in an
easier-to-consume way?

Can you describe what you might use the code for in Salesforce? If it’s confidential perhaps
you can abstract it enough to be non-proprietary but still compelling.

Craig

> On Jan 9, 2017, at 6:36 AM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Craig!
>
> I'm considering it, but I'm scared of public speaking :-)
>
> I'm working on getting approval to use the code in Salesforce.  Then I can
> start evangelizing it as part of my normal job.
>

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Craig Russell <papajdo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I’ve signed off on the juneau section of the board report.
>>
>> I’ve added “Solicit user feedback/usage” and “Grow awareness of the
>> project” to the “issues to address before graduation” section.
>>
>> I’ve modified the text of the community section to “One new original
>> committer from IBM submitted his ICLA and joined in December”.
>>
>> Looks like the code is getting into pretty good shape.
>>
>> We need to get the community together. Have we considered presentations to
>> user conferences?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>>> On Dec 27, 2016, at 2:30 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> So I see James started to post the board report.  Specifically with these
>>> lines.
>>>
>>> +   1. Build up community with non-IBM and non-Salesforce contributors.
>>> +   2. Build up community with non-IBM and non-Salesforce contributors.
>>> +   3. Build up community with non-IBM and non-Salesforce contributors.
>>>
>>> I personally don't like to see a podling repeat itself.  There has to be
>>> two other things that would useful here.
>>>
>>> - Besides contributors, need to get user input (e.g. non-contributor
>>> community memebers)
>>> - Grow the projects brand.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Craig Russell