juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <john.d.am...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JsonParser now fully RFC1759 compliant.
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 14:45:10 GMT
Hi James,

So I think I raised this on last release as well.  The PPMC vote isn't
actually required for 72 hours.  It can be informal if we all say we're
happy with the release contents.  This means we're building locally,
verifying the contents, and saying we're good.  See also [1].  I'd be happy
to defend this perspective on the IPMC vote as well.  But yes, at a
minimum, the release vote is 72 hours.  This doesn't stop people from
pointing to a staged nexus repo for using the release now while its under
vote.  Its generally what I've done in the past.  It has to be clear that
this is a release under vote.  You have to also remember there's also a
problem of this being a publicly available release for general consumption.

If there's a bug, we can have the release available, and people can point
to it quickly until it's ready.

John

[1]: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html