juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] Release Apache Juneau 6.0.1-incubating RC1
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 14:24:23 GMT
> I thought there's 4 parts to Juneau.  Do you have examples for all the
> components individually and together?

The overview document is broken down into individual sections for
core/server/client/microservice with lots of examples...
http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/site/apidocs/overview-summary.html#overview.description

> I'm +1 to do it as well.  Do we want to call it 6.0.1 or 6.1?  I usually
> treat the third digit as a bug fix, second digit as a feature.

That's tricky.  I did add 3 new configuration properties to ParserContext
(PARSER_strict, PARSER_inputStreamCharset, PARSER_fileCharset) and now the
reader-based parsers have the ability to read from byte arrays.  So it does
have new 'features'.

I'm continuously adding new features along the way.  We may end up not
using the bug-fix number very often and instead end up with a large minor
version (e.g. 6.102.0).  I'm okay with that if everyone else is.

--
James Bognar