juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: JsonParser now fully RFC1759 compliant.
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 14:36:14 GMT
Hi John,

I have one grievance about the process, but don't know if anything can be
done about it.  It takes over a week to produce a new release (72 hours dev
team approval + 72 hours IPMC approval + 24 hours waiting for files to show
up in Nexus, etc...).  When this was an IBM project, the entire release
process was automated.  If I wanted to create a new release, it was a
single ANT call and a new release would be ready for download in about 10
minutes.  If someone came to me with a bug, I could sometimes have a
release with a fix within an hour.

But Apache is a democratic process, and votes are needed to make
decisions.  I understand the need for this.  However, I do miss the days
where I could create a release with a button click.  Growing pains I guess.

--
James Bognar