juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Status update.
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2016 16:54:39 GMT

> On Sep 24, 2016, at 8:59 AM, James Bognar <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>
> I have more questions for our mentors....
>
> 1) Do you have any thoughts/preferences on the initial version #?  6.0 or
> 1.0?

Can folks using the original project switch to this one by simply changing the maven coordinates?
I guess not since all the import statements need to change.

So I don’t think it much matters in terms of confusing the audience. If you like to think
of Juneau 6.0 as the next release of Juno 5.x, I don’t see an issue. Many incubating projects
leave the past in the past and start with 0.1. And many keep the naming of the previous project.

> 2) Where should release notes be kept?  Should we have a single
> RELEASE-NOTES.txt file in the root, or separate ones in each bundle
> project?

Three places: prominently on the web as a download, as a viewable web page, and in the top
level (root) of any distribution.

This is where Apache releases are put after being voted on and approved. But it’s not https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/juneau
but https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/juneau

> How do we get an
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/juneau?

A few years ago you could scp to the host machine. I’m not sure what the current protocol
is. Can you try to create the directory using scp and see what happens?

> 4) The commons project refers to a "mvn commons:download-page' command.
> Any idea what that is and what it does?

Dunno.

Craig

Craig L Russell