juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - September 2016
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 11:04:05 GMT
On 30 August 2016 at 11:46,  <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear podling,

> Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
> prepare your quarterly board report.

Hi, it's that time of month again.  (Don't worry - this changes later
to a 3-monthly report once we're no longer 'getting started').

Any volunteers for the Juneau incubator report at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2016 ?
(see below)

Last month we said:

> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>
> 1. Build up community with non-IBM and non-Salesforce contributors.
> 2. Finish creating website.
> 3. Finish populating Git repo.

Both the website and git repository are live and progressing well.

BTW - I wonder why the URL at http://juneau.incubator.apache.org/
does not change when I click the links - it makes it hard to link to
sub-pages.

http://juneau.apache.org/issueTracking.html says tongue in cheak:
"Juneau has no bugs. However, in the extremely unlikely event that you
happen to find a bug, please report it at the JIRA repository listed
below."

I can see the humour :-) - but perhaps not everyone will.. it's good
to be as welcoming as possible for any bug reports and pull requests.

It seems we are making good progress towards a Maven build [1] - which
should help with doing a Release (using the maven-release-plugin) and
also things like checking license headers and dependency licenses.

August is traditionally a slow month - but now as autumn comes we
should think about how to expand the community.

An early release will also help with that - what are the main
blockers? Mainly sort out the unit tests..?

[1] mvn clean install -DskipTests=true works.

mvn verify fails on:
[INFO] Apache Juneau Core ................................. FAILURE [ 10.505 s]

(see https://paste.apache.org/qt9I )

mvn apache-rat:check only fails on a couple of configuration files
which should be simple to modify or add to ignore list.

mvn license:aggregate-add-third-party don't seem to list anything
forbidden by https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718