juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status update.
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 10:03:54 GMT
Great - seems to import your key nicely with gpg!

You should add your @apache.org email address to your key - and
ideally make it the first UID in the key.  (To do this with gpg can be
a bit tricky if you are using an existing private key)

I see you included me as well, is it because you used
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/juneau.asc ?

I'm OK with that - it means that new committers must be added on
people.apache.org (good) - see
https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/pull/125 as example on
how to tell INFRA about that.

You can make your own practices for Juneau - for instance in Taverna
we needed to make provisions for multiple git repositories which you
don't need to worry about.

Here's a recent thread on general@incubator where it was discussed
different shell scripts to help the RC process:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/cf6a2ea3b969dc0e81ce49650f4418ab2480492c612bd2cacdf070dc@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Remember; within the Foundation projects can all borrow from
each-other freely (it's all Apache-licensed) - so I would encourage to
have a look around at similarly sized projects that have recently
graduated:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html#graduated

But also note that the capabilities of the infrastructure and general
practices change over time - so you should ignore outdated advice like
"use svn copy to make a tag" :)

Not sure what Juneau's feeling about the RC tags in git.apache.org or
not (as Incubator was discussing) - personally I don't see any harm in
-RCx tags in the repository - preparing for a release is just part of
development just like other commits.