juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Status update.
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:59:55 GMT
Here's a quick status update on the work for creating an initial release....

1) The core/server/client/microservice projects are now built as OSGi
bundles.

2) I've added a juneau-all project that combines all the bundles into a
single Java library.

3) The juneau-distrib project will now build two archives...

   - juneau-distrib-X-bin.zip
   - juneau-all-X.jar
      - juneau-samples-X.jar
      - samples.cfg
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-client-X.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-core-X.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-microservice-X.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-server-X.jar
   - juneau-distrib-X-src.zip
   - juneau-samples-X-sources.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-client-X-sources.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-core-X-sources.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-microservice-X-sources.jar
      - osgi-bundles/juneau-server-X-sources.jar

4) I've removed all manifest files from the projects.  They're now built by
Maven.

5) I've added a versioning guidelines document:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/Versioning+guidelines

6) I'm still creating a release guidelines document based on those of
Apache Commons as a starting point:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/New+release+guidelines

I have more questions for our mentors....

1) Do you have any thoughts/preferences on the initial version #?  6.0 or
1.0?

2) Where should release notes be kept?  Should we have a single
RELEASE-NOTES.txt file in the root, or separate ones in each bundle
project?

3) In the commons release notes, I see references to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons
as the location for the KEYS file and downloads.  What exactly is this and
how is it populated?  How do we get an
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/juneau?

4) The commons project refers to a "mvn commons:download-page' command.
Any idea what that is and what it does?

--
James Bognar