juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Status update.
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2016 19:08:05 GMT
Thanks Jochen,

Juneau ships in two formats:
1) 4 separate OGSi bundles.
2) 1 uber jar containing everything.

The osgi bundles are separate because we don't want to force the
availability of the prerequisites (e.g. javax.servlet) if they're only
using, for example, the core APIs.  In a non-osgi environment, that's not
an issue and a single uber jar is simpler.

juneau-all.jar is the uber jar.
juneau-distrib-bin.zip contains the uber jar and osgi bundle jars (i.e. 5
separate jars).
juneau-distrib-sources.zip contains 4 separate source jars for the osgi
bundles (but not for the uber jar since it's an amalgam of the bundles).

I *hope* this is the correct approach.

I will use a single release notes in the root, and use 6.0 as the initial
version.  If anyone objects, I'll call for a vote.

--
James Bognar