juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Juneau website source code
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 01:10:21 GMT
On 2 July 2016 at 00:48, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:

> Finally getting some traction on our infra tickets.  Is the source code for
> the juneau proposed website sitting anywhere?  E.g. github or somewhere
> else?

What publishing mechanism have Juneau decided on? Do you know what
INFRA offers at the moment?

I believe cms.apache.org is now deprecated.

Many of the new projects use Jekyll, but I think unlike GitHub Pages
that would require running the jekyll manually and then pushing either
with svn or git. A win here is that if you need to do an experiment,
the setup could work also as gh-pages. One potential problem is if
people end up with different versions of Jekyll installed and someone
gets fancy  with the features :)

You can also use Maven Site with various templates/styles, which can
then do the git/svn push for you, but might not be as fancy as the
Jekyll. (Still, you can do Markdown!).  Less flexibility, but the
advantage here is that you don't need to worry about version
incompatibility and you only need Java to preview/publish.

In both cases it would be good to have it set up so it's easy for
third-parties to contribute fixes to the website, e.g. as GitHub pull
requests.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718