juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test mail
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:53:18 GMT
Basically all the ASF infrastructure (except LDAP and permissions)
treats juneau.apache.org == juneau.incubator.apache.org - they are not
separate, but aliases. It's like soiland@gmail.com and
soiland@googlemail.com.

So no matter which one you email, it will show on
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@juneau.apache.org and go to the
same people.

The Reply-To header is set to  dev@juneau.incubator.apache.org - so
(as is common on open source lists) replies will go back to the list
by default.

https://lists.apache.org/ is a rather new deployment, and it seems to
not understand the "incubator" hostname yet - which I guess confuses
things a bit. I'll ask on general@incubator.apache.org if this is
intentional or not.  For users of course it might be better to drop
the "incubator." bit in the hostname (no change once graduating) - but
until now this has been used as an obvious indicator of the
"incubation" status, and also as a tiny carrot for the project to move
towards graduation.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718