juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Does Hammock + Juneau make sense?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:24:42 GMT
The build scripts already produce OSGi bundles in addition to a single
juneau-all.jar file for non-OSGi apps.  So converting it to OSGi shouldn't
be difficult.

Anyone know if there are any difficulties developing OSGi while using Maven?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 3:50 PM, James Bognar
> <james.bognar@salesforce.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm not entirely sure the Microservice API is in it's final form.  As it
> > developed, I noticed I was essentially reimplementing aspects of OSGi.
> I'm
> > now thinking that it makes sense to convert it into an actual OSGi
> > Application.  I'd have to do some testing to see how "lightweight" an
> > OSGi-based approach could be.
>
> For an open source library/application/whatever, that would  most
> certainly be the approach, which is most open for external parties.
> Sounds like the recommendable thing to do.
>
> Jochen
>

> --

James Bognar