juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Does Hammock + Juneau make sense?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 13:50:54 GMT
Hi John,

Would that be a merge of the microservice APIs?

The Juneau Microservice API is the least mature part of the project.  It
was developed less than a year ago as part of IBMs move to push Rational
Team Concert into cloud deployments.  The microservices provided
lightweight Jetty-based REST interfaces for communications within the
various cloud components.

I'm not entirely sure the Microservice API is in it's final form.  As it
developed, I noticed I was essentially reimplementing aspects of OSGi.  I'm
now thinking that it makes sense to convert it into an actual OSGi
Application.  I'd have to do some testing to see how "lightweight" an
OSGi-based approach could be.

I think we should consider the Microservice API to be "beta" and the
architecture flexible.  So I'm totally open to discussions on changes to
the API.

--
James Bognar