juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <james.bog...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Test mail
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:34:00 GMT
I'm confused by these separate accounts.  Are they linked or do we need to
subscribe to them separately?  I don't see the incubator one listed here:
https://lists.apache.org.

As for me, I'm James Bognar.  I work at Saleforce on the Sandbox
component.  Previously I worked at IBM on Jazz Foundation where I worked on
this community source project called JSON4J, then JJSON, then Juno, and now
Juneau.  For most of that time it was just me working on the project mostly
on weekends and responding to feature requests within 24 hours.  I had many
requests to contribute it to the Apache Foundation so that it could be used
outside of IBM.  Red tape prevented that from happening until now.

This project was a baby of mine over the years.  I'm extremely happy that
IBM is going to allow it to be contributed to the Apache Foundation since I
was certain that it would have slowly faded away at IBM like so many other
useful tools that I've seen come and go.

Until now, I've only been a "user" of Apache libraries.  I'm glad to
finally have the opportunity to give back to that community.

I'm hopeful that the incubator will allow us to create a thriving community
around this project!

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <stain@apache.org>
wrote:

> Welcome to the list!
>
> As you saw, while incubating the official address (which we will list on
> the Apache Juneau web page) is dev@juneau.incubator.apache.org, but
> dev@juneau.apache.org also works - future proof :-)
>
> Perhaps all the committers can say Hello after signing up to the list? :-)
> here is me:
>
> Hello, I'm Stian Soiland-Reyes. I work in the eScience lab in University of
> Manchester, where I work with Linked Data, reproducibility, scientific
> workflows and community development. I am currently funded by the
> BioExcel.eu project, which does biomolecular simulations on HPC/HTC. I also
> work with openphacts.org, a kind of integrated linked data warehouse for
> pharmacology.
>
> I became a Apache committer in late 2014, after 10 years of local open
> source development we brought our workflow system Taverna to the Incubator.
> I'm also part of the Apache Commons RDF podling, have contributed a bit to
> Apache Jena and recently also Apache Commons.
>
> As an unofficial mentor I hope I will be able to help Juneau with my recent
> experience of bringing projects to the incubator, knowing the potential
> pains and gains along the way. :-)
>
> On 27 Jun 2016 7:56 p.m., "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Works, too.
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 2:50 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> > > Just testing.
> >

> > --
> > The next time you hear: "Don't reinvent the wheel!"

James Bognar