incubator-triplesoup-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Copyright for donated files
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:48:41 GMT
On Apr 9, 2007, at 11:44 AM, David Reid wrote:
> I assume that when I commit donated files into the code/trunk
> directory
> the copyright headers should reflect the asf?

yes! Or rather, we need the new-style headers, which isn't really a
copyright header...eg, see

   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk/
release.sh

> Do I leave the existing
> copyright headers in place or remove them?

Remove any headers you added yourself please. You can add text to the
NOTICE file for things like "initial code by" credits if you want.

A joost employee will remove the ones that may still linger around on
the joost code (just seems extra-safe to me).

Don't worry about moving things that still have the wrong copyright
headers, as long as you use svn mv/cp its easily found/fixed/merged.

> I'm trying to avoid having to have another commit shortly after the
> initial one to correct this! :-)

Isn't legal crap fun :-) (*)

cheers,

Leo