incubator-openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Rutkowski" <>
Subject Re: OpenWhisk persistency (data store packages) + queueing
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 16:16:17 GMT
Hi David,

Have always wanted someone to volunteer to create more "data storage"
packages (Feeds, Actions, Triggers,...) for more providers (e.g., Couch DB
logical first choice being in the Cloudant family, MySQL, etc.).  In
addition, would like to see if we can have packages for other popular
queueing solutions (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, MQTT, etc.).

If I recall you were working on Swift storage (OpenStack) at one point?

Kind regards,

From:   "David ZL Liu" <>
Date:   06/07/2017 03:05 AM
Subject:        OpenWhisk persistency.

Hi all,

In OpenWhisk, if I try to persist  content, I found no existing packages
about it. Am I wrong, or is it that
OpenWhisk actions mainly focused on Compute, and storage or persistency
not considered?

Just FYR, I made a small action which integrated with swift client, and
could help persist content on IBM object storage
inside a OpenWhisk action.
I referenced code from this blog:

Is it a correct use of OpenWhisk action? do we need to consider more
storage types, such as NFS, block storage and consider
add a persistency package for OpenWhisk?

Best Regards,

David Liu
Software Engineer, Open Standards and Open Source Team, Open Technology
Institute, IBM China Software Development Lab
Tel: 86-10-82450423 Fax: 86-10-82453660
Notes ID: David ZL Liu/China/IBM@IBMCN    E-mail:
Address:3F Ring, Building 28 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang
West Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.C.100193