incubator-openwhisk-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost-Fromm <>
Subject Re: How to continue to use our social media channels
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:59:04 GMT
As a first step, I'd make sure the site's themselves comply with Apache trademark policy.

I read you wrote you don't want to wait for a go from every PMC member. I think you want to
read up on the concept of lazy consensus, that's how for voting this is typically handled.

While on other projects I've seen far simpler processes work well in practice: share the Twitter
credentials and trust ppl will retweet only appropriate content, I like your approach of making
the conditions for inclusion explicit.

As for submission: Instead of using some web form, why not back this with a text file that
ppl can edit via pull requests and thus make their first contributions to the project? Reasoning
behind that:

Case a) Larger content provided by third parties will usually be posted externally anyway,
so you're more likely to have trouble finding and monitoring all relevant content rather than
being in a position where ppl wait for you to publish in your channel. So my prediction would
be rather than having ppl submit content to your side you'll end up linking to other content
or asking for their ok to replicate that stuff on your site.

Case b) content coming from the community, that's initially published on your side ... You'll
probably want to allow people to collaborate on that anyway. Other projects do that on private
lists to get the message right once stuff goes public, in particular for breaking news stuff
eg press releases that are also published through Apache (talk to Sally to get more background
on her lovely media training). So any kind of web form probably wouldn't help much here anyway.

On your checklist itself: I don't get your last point. Can you elaborate please?