incubator-ivy-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Adrian Woodhead (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (IVY-615) problems with download() method when extending BasicResolver
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:01:50 GMT
problems with download() method when extending BasicResolver
------------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: IVY-615
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-615
             Project: Ivy
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Core
    Affects Versions: 2.0.0-alpha-2
            Reporter: Adrian Woodhead


When trying to create a SvnResolver I have run into an issue which seems to originate in BasicResolver.
I extend RepositoryResolver which ultimately extends BasicResolver. I implement various methods
in my classes to have dependent files downloaded from subversion over the svn+ssh protocol
 which works OK, however files are downloaded into the local ivy repository as FILENAME.EXT.part
and never renamed to have the .part removed even though they are completely downloaded. I
tracked the issue down to this method in BasicResolver:

public DownloadReport download(Artifact[] artifacts, DownloadOptions options)

The code on line 808 is executed:

adr.setSize(getAndCheck(artifactRef.getResource(), tmp));

This in turn tries to download a .sha1 file for my resource which fails (there isn't one)
which throws an IOException. This means that the code following where the file is renamed
to have the .part removed is never executed. I don't know enough about the internals of Ivy
to say what the best way to fix this is so I did the following which almost certainly is not
the best solution:

    try {
         adr.setSize(getAndCheck(artifactRef.getResource(), tmp));
    } catch (IOException e) {
        Message.warn(e.getMessage());
    }

I didn't want to change the Ivy code so I moved the entire download method into my class and
then noticed it wouldn't compile due to the object defined at line 104:

    private URLRepository extartifactrep = new URLRepository(); // used only to download

I'm not sure why URLRepository is hardcoded here, surely this should use a method like getRepository()
in RepositoryResolver to get the actual repository in use, which in my case is not a URLRepository
but my own SvnRepository. My suggestion would be to move the Repository member variable and
getter and setter from RepositoryResolver up into BasicResolver and change line 805 in BasicResolver
from

    extartifactrep.get(artifactRef.getResource().getName(), tmp);

to 

    getRepository().get(artifactRef.getResource().getName(), tmp);







-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message