incubator-ivy-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Barrett Snyder (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (IVY-404) Static revision replacement is not working when delivering an artifact with a dependency on a branch
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:59:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-404?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12471560
] 

Barrett Snyder commented on IVY-404:
------------------------------------

After a bit more research I believe I found the problem to be at line 298 of XmlModuleDescriptorParser.java.
The line that is currently:

_dd = new DefaultDependencyDescriptor(_md, ModuleRevisionId.newInstance(org, name, branch,
rev, ExtendableItemHelper.getExtraAttributes(attributes, new String[] {"org", "name", "rev",
"force", "transitive", "changing", "conf"})), force, changing, transitive);

Should be:

_dd = new DefaultDependencyDescriptor(_md, ModuleRevisionId.newInstance(org, name, branch,
rev, ExtendableItemHelper.getExtraAttributes(attributes, new String[] {"org", "name", "rev",
"force", "transitive", "changing", "conf", "branch"})), force, changing, transitive);

Note the addition of "branch" to the ignoredAttributes param. I have not tested this extensively,
but it solved my problem. It also looks like this same fix may be needed further up in this
class where the "info" element is handled.

> Static revision replacement is not working when delivering an artifact with a dependency
on a branch
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: IVY-404
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-404
>             Project: Ivy
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Ant, Core
>    Affects Versions: 1.4.1
>            Reporter: Barrett Snyder
>            Priority: Critical
>
> In trying to deliver an ivy.xml, using the ant <deliver> task, for an artifact
which has a dependency on a "latest.release" revision of a specific branch the dynamic revision
is not getting replaced with the static rev. Here is what the dependency looks like:
> <dependency name="my-framework" rev="latest.release" branch="fix_for_release"/>
> If I remove the branch indicator the latest HEAD revision gets used and the rev attribute
gets updated correctly. If I add the branch attribute the correct dependent branch release
jar gets used, but the dynamic revision of the published ivy stays "latest.release".

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message