From Cheng Pan <cheng...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.0-incubating RC7
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2021 16:49:37 GMT
Hi Duo,

Thanks for verification and voting.

  Run UT: mvn test -fn
  org.apache.kyuubi.ha.client.ServiceDiscoverySuite in kyuubi-ha failed with
  "kentyao/zhangduo-[virtualb]ox@apache.org" did not equal
  "kentyao/zhangduo-[VirtualB]ox@apache.org"
(ServiceDiscoverySuite.scala:128)
  Should be something related case sensitive/insensitive domain name?

The issue has been reported[1] and got fixed[2] just a few hours after
cutting RC7.

  And a minor problem that, the sha512 file contains the absolute path of
the file, like

/Users/chengpan/Projects/apache-kyuubi/work/release/kyuubi-1.3.0-incubating-bin.tgz
  Better just name it kyuubi-1.3.0-incubating-bin.tgz

Got the same suggestion from Zhenxu, will fix it in the next release.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/issues/1005
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/pull/1006

Thanks,
Cheng Pan