From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache Maven - Mvndaemon
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2021 09:26:05 GMT
Hi,

> Can we replace the header with the following one instead:
>
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/java.base/share/native/include/jni.h <https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/java.base/share/native/include/jni.h>
> It is more clearly GPLv2 w/ CPE, so it should be allowed, as my
> understanding is that it is an exception to category X.

AFAIK it is not. It is listed as Category X here [1].

Form memory there might some cases where GPL + CPE might be OK as a dependancy but it’s
not OK in a release. Probably best to discuss on legal discuss list or raise a legal JIRA.

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x