From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache Maven - Mvndaemon
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2021 02:46:14 GMT
Hi,

> Is there any rule written somewhere? Because frankly "significant" contribution is very
subjective….

You’ll note [1] says "All contributors of ideas, code, or documentation to any Apache projects
must complete, sign, and submit via email an Individual Contributor License Agreement(ICLA).’
however we do allow people to contribute without signing an ICLA and as the code is under
an Apache license the intent would be clear here.

Re “significant” some project have gone the extra distance and gotten an ICLA from every
single contributor even if they had only contributed one line of ccde, some others have picked
some criteria and reviewed all commits that fit and determined to determine if they were significant.
It has, like a lot of things, varied from project to project.

You also note I didn’t vote -1 on this, I just asked if you had considered this and if you
had ICLAs from other contributors.

Kind Regards,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/licenses/contributor-agreements.html