From Daniel Widdis <wid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache Maven - Mvndaemon
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2021 02:13:11 GMT
Code size is not the only measure of significance.

Without any specialty knowledge of the domain, I would consider this security fix probably
significant.
https://github.com/mvndaemon/mvnd/pull/391 fixing https://github.com/mvndaemon/mvnd/issues/390

However, the AL2.0 license states:
> Unless You explicitly state otherwise, any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion
in the Work by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of this License,
without any additional terms or conditions.

Given the project was AL2.0 licensed at the time of the contribution, submitting a PR to the
repository should constitute a "Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the
Work" and should require no additional terms.

Also see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-156?focusedCommentId=13554864&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-13554864
> Any contribution - in any form (patch to the mailing list, blog post, JIRA attchment,
git pull request, Bugzilla attachment, scrawled on the back of a napkin) - may be included
as long as two conditions are met:

> 1. As per section 5 of AL2 the person providing the patch does not explicitly state that
the patch provided is not licensed under ALv2

> 2. The project's PMC is happy that the person providing the contribution has the necessary
rights to do so.

´╗┐On 9/5/21, 6:46 PM, "Olivier Lamy" <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
    looking at this https://github.com/mvndaemon/mvnd/graphs/contributors
    except the 2 main contributors we can't really qualify other contributions
    as really significant in terms of code size :)