From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [IP CLEARANCE] Apache AsterixDB - JDBC Driver
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2021 22:56:15 GMT
Hi,

Changing my vote to +0.

Thanks for your answers. I still have some concerns, and looking at the vote thread / your
mailing list, I cannot see any discussion about any potential IP issues. It is not possible
from the information provided to determine if the PMC has taken the required steps of IP clearance
or not. IMO a SGA on its own is not sufficient. For instance, it is unknown who worked on
it or if they or a company owns the IP. It is unknown if 3rd party code have been included
in the donations. That being said, I trust the PMC will look into this before making their
next release.

Kind Regards,
Justin