From Daniel Widdis <wid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance officer for accepting Terraform
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2021 07:30:04 GMT
I have no concerns.  I am not a member of the IPMC, just an interested participant in the conversation.

´╗┐On 7/11/21, 11:25 PM, "Rohit Yadav" <rohit@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi Daniel, Justin, IPMC,

    Are you happy with the answers to satisfaction? Do you have any other
    questions/concerns, or can we continue with the IP clearance vote?
    It has been three weeks since this thread, while the Apache CloudStack
    PMC has passed the vote to accept donations in April 2021. If there
    are any, can you advise by the end of tomorrow?

    Regards.

    On Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM Rohit Yadav <rohit@apache.org> wrote:

    > Hi Justin,
    >
    > Yes that's right, there's no 3rd party code in the latest codebase/tags that is being
donated. And yes, the large commits that brought the 3rd party code in vendor directory have
been all removed too.

    > Regards.
    >
    > On Sat, 10 Jul, 2021, 6:26 am Justin Mclean, <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> > However, if you compare the changes in above commits against the
    >> > repositories being donated the "vendor" directory does not exist now
    >> > in both the repositories being donated:
    >> > https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstack
    >> > https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack (for example
    >> > vendor removed in this commit -
    >> > https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commit/4db2f701592b5af74376f5b138624bff75763152)
    >>
    >> So what you are saying is that all of those large commits have been removed?
What I would be concerned about happening is if a large amount of 3rd party code incorrectly
gets an ASF header on it. There no issue with 3rd party code in the repo but it must be clearly
marked, have the correct non ASF header and its license compatible with the Apache license.
Looking at the repos all headers are ASF ones, is there any 3rd party code in the donated
code?