From Rohit Yadav <ro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IP clearance officer for accepting Terraform
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2021 14:43:28 GMT
Hi Justin,

Please see Daniel's email on the commits that introduce the vendor
related codebase. Sharing the links of the two commits from Daniel's
email:
https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commit/07febb7a6ba78e27224b37ad41e23bc4634b18b4
https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commit/29c9bb4593b98f47add0c3eb69253290fe02a893

However, if you compare the changes in above commits against the
repositories being donated the "vendor" directory does not exist now
in both the repositories being donated:
https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstack
https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack (for example
vendor removed in this commit -
https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commit/4db2f701592b5af74376f5b138624bff75763152)

I personally don't agree with Daniel's remarks that each and every
commit of the git repositories must be checked and pass IP clearance,
which is why I suggest instead of the git repository (with history) we
can just import the codebase tarball/source using the git tag source
as these tags/heads don't have the vendor codebase (i.e. the 3rd party
codebase not written by the contributors):
https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstack/releases/tag/apache-license-2.0
https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/releases/tag/apache-license-2.0

I look forward to IPMC's advice, thanks.

Regards.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 7:33 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 3. On concern of IP on 3rd party codebase committed by authors - the
> > codebase/changes are in the vendor directory which is where most of
> > the (3rd party) code additions/deletions are seen.
>
> Is this code clearly marked as 3rd party code and has the correct 3rd party headers?
I don’t see any vendor directory or 3rd party code in the proposed donation. Please point
these out.  I am yet to see any explanation to where some of these large commits have come
from, and that IMO is a concern. I can only assume I’m missing some information, perhaps
it would be helpful to list each of those large commits and where the code originally come
from, if they were not the committers IP.