From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance officer for accepting Terraform
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2021 00:55:12 GMT
Hi,

> However, if you compare the changes in above commits against the
> repositories being donated the "vendor" directory does not exist now
> in both the repositories being donated:
> https://github.com/xanzy/go-cloudstack
> https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack (for example
> vendor removed in this commit -
> https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commit/4db2f701592b5af74376f5b138624bff75763152)

So what you are saying is that all of those large commits have been removed? What I would
be concerned about happening is if a large amount of 3rd party code incorrectly gets an ASF
header on it. There no issue with 3rd party code in the repo but it must be clearly marked,
have the correct non ASF header and its license compatible with the Apache license. Looking
at the repos all headers are ASF ones, is there any 3rd party code in the donated code?

Thanks,
Justin