From Alexander Alten <...@scalytics.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2021 09:13:56 GMT
Hi,

Fully agree with Justin, we from Wayang had the same problem. We
renamed the project before we submitted the proposal, and we
documented everything.
I’d encourage you to find a name which is TM ready in the US, India,
CN and EU (if possible). You can’t graduate (or better it is unlikely)
if a project name is not protectable by the ASF. And changing the
whole INFRA after a podling is voted into the incubator is a huge
effort.

--alex

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 9:52 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On one hand we don’t have a policy that say you must have to have done a name search
before becoming a piddling, on the other changing a name does incur a large community cost
and Infra would prefer that podlings don’t change names. Most podlings do the name search
just before graduation. In a lot of cases it fairly obvious there is not going to be an issue,
with a generic name like this it may be best to wait until the name is approved before calling
the results of the vote.