From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.8.0-incubating RC1
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2021 02:01:32 GMT
Hi,

-1 (binding) due to license and notice issues and possible inclusion of Category X software

It unclear to me if the berkeleydb-je licensing issue has been resolved. I can’t find any
discussion of it on your mailing list. Can someone tell me what the outcome of this was?

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes all good
- LICENSE has a few issues. There is need to have the Apache license text twice. The 3rd party
license text in not being included correctly for MIT and BSD licenses as these licenses includes
a copyright line.
- NOTICE has incorrect year
- NOTICE is missing information from other Apache licensed NOTICE files. Information from
these  NOTICE files [5][6][7][10] will need to be added.
- These files seem to have incorrect headers [1][2][3][4][8][9]. ASF headers should include
a copyright line and 3rd part headers need to be kept unchanged.
- This file [8] doesn’t seem to be under an Apache license and may be Category X.
- It’s unclear how these files are licensed [11]
- No unexpected binary files
- Can’t compile from source
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project tubemq-all: Could not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.tubemq:tubemq-all:pom:0.8.0-incubating: Could not find artifact org.apache.tubemq:tubemq-server:tar.gz:bin:0.8.0-incubating
in berkeleydb-je (https://download.dcache.org/nexus/repository/berkeleydb-je/) -> [Help
1]

Some of these issue were noted on previous releases.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./tubemq-client-twins/tubemq-client-python/src/python/tubemq/client.conf
2. ./tubemq-client-twins/tubemq-client-cpp/conf/client.conf
3. ./tubemq-client-twins/tubemq-client-cpp/src/any.h
4. ./tubemq-client-twins/tubemq-client-cpp/src/buffer.h
5. https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/NOTICE.txt
6. https://github.com/apache/mina/blob/trunk/NOTICE
7. https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/master/NOTICE.txt
8. tubemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tubemq/corebase/utils/TStringUtils.java
9. tubemq-server/src/main/java/org/apache/tubemq/server/tools/ToolUtils.java
10 https://github.com/apache/pulsar/blob/master/NOTICE
11. ./resources/assets/public/css/fonts/icon.*