From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache IoTDB Graduation
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2020 09:38:58 GMT
Hi all,

as already stated some time ago [1], the Apacher IoTDB community decided that it feels ready
to graduate.
The maturity assesment is done [2], and the community agreed on starting the graduation process
in a formal vote [3] (result see [4]).
Ist important to note that all our mentors also participated in the vote with a positive vote!

The community also decided about a suggestion fort he initial VP and a charta [5, 6] as follows:

The PPMC will suggest the board Xiangdong Huang as first VP for Apache IoTDB

The suggested Charta of IoTDB is „An IoT native database with high performance for data
management and analysis, on the edge and the cloud“.

We also did an internal discussion which PPMC members want to join the PMC as it is estalished,
all details can be found here [7].

So, I wanted to bring up the discussion about the incubators and the IPMCs thoughts about
IoTDBs matureness and ist readiness to graduate.

What do you think?

Finally, big thanks to our Mentors Chris, Justin and Kevin who were really helpful in the
whole process (as they were all the time) and to all members of the awesome IoTDB Community!

Julian (on behalf of the IoTDB Community)

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r83af02254859c88f2555778e59a5a6fc72a1d9bb4c30c52a82065353%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=148645763

[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r5fe46923c8625601a25e51340f1df6a2b6472e52dfa2648df116f618%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[4] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd99752552f6ecacaebd4ae4b27b4223c7899aabfa3ea22540a8f0924%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E