From "Eason Chen" <daerduoc...@qq.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] EventMesh Proposal
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2020 10:03:58 GMT
Good time of the time to all!

I'd like to bring this new interesting project for the discussion, comments and feedback with
the aim of starting a formal [VOTE] of its acceptance into Incubator.

People behind this project aren't new to Apache: some of them were behind the Apache RocketMQ,
which I consider a huge success(especially in China)as the community is literally thriving
almost 3 years after the graduation.

I have been involved a little bit with this project when it just started in WeBank a few years
ago. And I'd like to emphasize that the community however small it might look so far, has
been aligned with Apache ways of doing things. Heng Du (from RocketMQ PMC) is very instrumental
in tirelessly helping this group to learn what it means to be a truly open source project.

The code is already under ALv2 and is publicly available. As you will see it has a lot of
dependency connections with the rest of Apache ecosystem and IMO will fit very well here and
continue to grow the community.

The project's proposal is available at [1].

Thank you very much for the feedback you're willing to provide!

&nbsp;With best regards,

&nbsp;Eason Chen

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/EventMeshProposal