From Michael Wall <mjw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc1
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:24:27 GMT
Thanks for the follow up Ciyong.  You are right, -vv did not enable
verbose. If I had used -VV (with capital V's) I would have gotten
output.

Good luck on the vote.

Mike

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 2:43 AM Chen, Ciyong <ciyong.chen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thank you for your time to review and vote.
>
> Regarding your questions:
> > - Does anything with mshadow need to change now that it has passed clearance.
> From source code release perspective, I don't think there's anything we need to change
as mshadow is already in the code base with the correct license header. CC @Sheng to see if
any comments.

> > - I tried running tests a couple of ways after the build I build but they just hung
for 15 min before I control-c'd them.  Maybe I didn't wait long enough, but there was no indication
anything was running.
> The test suite contains lots of test cases which will be very time consuming, " ctest
-vv" doesn't enable the verbose output thus looks like it hung as no output on the terminal.
> By using "ctest --verbose" which turns on the verbose and will give more details for
all the test cases.
> Currently, the entire test suite will run through many different configurations of hardware
and docker image via CI pipeline.

> Thanks,
> -Ciyong

cp config/linux.cmake config.cmake rm -rf build cmake -S. -Bbuild -DUSE_CPP_PACKAGE=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-GNinja cmake --build build cmake --build build --target test cd build && ctest -vv
```