From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.5.0-incubating RC0
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2020 06:07:35 GMT
+1 (binding), with similar comments as below from Justin.
The LICENSE needs some cleanup, and probably a different license file
for source and binary distribution.
Built ok for me

On Sun, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:15 AM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> However if it wasn’t for the Incubating WIP disclaimer I would be -1.
>
> The LICENSE issues where brought up last time [1] It is best if some work is done to
improve each release so it better than the last. Please ask your mentors to help with this.

> I checked:
> - incubating in names.
> - signature and hashes correct.
> - LICENSE incorrectly list dependancies rather than what is bundled in the release.
> - LICENSE don’t list point to full license text so is unlikely yo comply with 3rd party
license terms.
> - NOTICE is very likely missing information from other Apache license NOTICE files, but
with all dependancies included it’s hard to know for sure.
> - All files have ASF headers
> - Failed to compile from source
>
> I didn’t check the binary artefacts.
>
> It would be interesting to know where these come from [2] and how they were licensed.
>
> More concerning is why teh build is failing wth this:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project tubemq-all: Could not resolve dependencies
for project org.apache.tubemq:tubemq-all:pom:0.5.0-incubating: Could not find artifact org.apache.tubemq:tubemq-server:tar.gz:bin:0.5.0-incubating
in berkeleydb-je (https://download.dcache.org/nexus/repository/berkeleydb-je/) -> [Help
1]

> Why does the source release depend on the binary one?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r875e3e1abe41369611e7c0c6610ac29af35c552cddc3088e4df3f99c%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
> 2. ./resources/assets/public/css/fonts/icon.*

Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975
http://lresende.blogspot.com/