From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.5.0-incubating RC0
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2020 05:09:10 GMT
Hi,

> berkeleydb-je is a component that TubeMQ relies on to store metadata, it
> needs to be downloaded from oracle and requires username and password
> access.
> For the convenience of everyone, we found this third-party repository (
> https://download.dcache .org/nexus/repository/berkeleydb-je/).

Well that brings up another issue in that is component is a Category X dependancy. [1][2]
(The license is GPL) ASF project can’t depend on other software that have license terms
the are incompatible with the Apache license.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/related/berkeleydb/berkeleydb-licensing.html
2. https://www.oracle.com/downloads/licenses/berkeleydb-oslicense.html