From Sheng Zha <zhash...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Distribution guidelines for platforms
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2020 06:22:24 GMT
> So what would you suggest as an alternative?

As I've been consistently suggesting in the discussion thread and in this thread, I hope that
ASF could move forward together on the distribution guidelines, and the consensus should bind
all projects, TLP and podlings alike. Taking the shortcut for incubator to move forward alone
makes it unfair to the podlings.

Best,
Sheng

On 2020/07/13 06:10:48, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Again, in my opinion, the act of interpretation of existing rules in a new context
is making new rules. Thus, all the rules in the guidelines are new rules.

> If you see it that way , then every single project (both projects in the incubator and
TLPs) makes new rules when they interpretative ASF policies for themselves. Why should the
Incubator (itself a TLP) be prohibited from doing that?