From "lgcareer2019@outlook.com" <lgcareer2...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2020 09:17:21 GMT

Thanks for your suggest and guidence. In order to keep the notice file as brief and simple
as possible in our next release,
I have the following questions to verify and wish your response.

The first minor issue of the following I didn't understand clearly,whether the notice file
means both the binary notice file and source notice file.
I checked over the binary notice file but I didn't know how to verify what is the license
information exactly in our notice.
I only found the content of [1] may be the license information.
Whether we only need the content of [1] and if not could you take a example?It would be wonderful
if here is a example.
> The NOTICE file in general should not contain license information as that belongs in
LICENSE.

Yes,I copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file and put it into our binary notice file and source
notice file.I saw you suggest we to remove the useless parts such as the OGNL.
Whether it means need remove source notice file only?
> I see you copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file when it’s probably not needed. for
instance does your release contain OGNL?

The reason was that I searched the keyword on the github and found the notice file of url
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/blob/v5.1.5.RELEASE/src/docs/dist/notice.txt.
So I copied it to the notice file. Based on the above,Should I only need to see the source
NOTICE file whether existed in the top directory?
>I don’t think there any reason to mention Spring Framework in your NOTICE file as it
has no NOTICE file.

1.May be license information in the notice file.
  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.

 Thanks,
 Gang Li

DolphinScheduler(Incubator) PPMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer2019@outlook.com<mailto:lgcareer2019@outlook.com>

From: Justin Mclean
Date: 2020-07-12 09:24
To: general
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache DolphinScheduler (Incubating) 1.3.1 (ROUND2)
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is OK
- NOTICE has some minor issues (see below)
- All ASF file shave ASF headers
- Not unexpected binary files
- Can Compile from source

The NOTICE file in general should not contain license information as that belongs in LICENSE.
I see you copied all of the mybatis NOTICE file when it’s probably not needed. for instance
does your release contain OGNL? I don’t think there any reason to mention Spring Framework
in your NOTICE file as it has no NOTICE file.

Thanks,
Justin