From Gosling Von <fengji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Distribution guidelines for platforms
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2020 06:52:01 GMT
Hi,

+1, binding.

I've been quietly following similar discussion in some different threads, because I've had
the same issues with mentoring incubators, including help some pmc members to release in some
TLPs. According to my understanding, whether it is incubation project or top-level project,
there are some unclear places in the distribution, especially after more and more package
management tools appear, PyPI, NuGet, Helm, DockerHub and so on. I highly respect the foundation's
concern and effort on intellectual property and brand legal. From the perspective of the development
of the project, we may need to have more flexible mechanisms to ensure that our products are
easy to be distributed. thus improving the speed of iteration and release flexibility of the
products. In that point, clarification in incubators is a great thing, and projects can learn
to adapt to the rules as soon as they are hatched. But I'm also concerned about whether the
rules should be applied to the top-level projects(Maybe this discussion goes beyond IPMC),
and I would be totally supportive of such continuity and compliance between Podlings and TLPs.

Best Regards,
Von Gosling