From Felix Cheung <felixche...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] project proposal - Apache Sedona
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2020 03:38:05 GMT
Noted below. I will leave others to add anything I’ve missed.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 8:15 PM Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently PiPy is not an ASF supported platform and you may have some
> difficulty in complying with ASF policies. Are you aware of the trademark,
> branding and other ASF policies that apply here? Also are you are aware
> that the ASF release process involve the PPMC and IPMC voting on release
> which can take some time?

Re: PyPI - I am aware of the ongoing discussion on the distribution
guideline, plus from working with other communities in the past, so I
believe I can provide some guidance there.

> At the ASF discussions need to take place on the mailing list, you seem to
> have a number of other communication channels, is it going to be an issue
> moving some of that discussion off them and onto the mailing list?

As for community, google group maps well to dev@a.o, Gitter can move to ASF
slack (with dev@ summary), GitHub issue can continue - I would think they
would work well.

And this project can start with dev@