From "Chen, Ciyong" <ciyong.c...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc1
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2020 02:30:40 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your valuable inputs, then I will hold on the current rc1 release and continue
the rest of release process (vote on general) when the issues are addressed.

Thanks,
Ciyong

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2020 8:18 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.7.0.rc1

Hi,

> It seems that most of the concerns are branding/trademark/legal issues from those third-party
projects which relies on MXNet and the AWS marketplace (or MXNet's downstream projects), which
could be tracked separately and improved continually to 100% meet the requirement of incubating
Apache project, so probably not affect this source release and can be addressed later.

It’s not seperate as you release candidates being distributed to users. I still want to
know why release candidates are being released in this way, in particular by companies where
there are MXnet PPMC members. What steps will the PPMC will take to stop this from happening
in the future?

> For mshadow, I'm wondering if completing the IP clearance process is the only mandatory
requirement for this source code release, then we might need to hold on the current release
process until it's finished

It will need to be completed before this can be released.

Thanks,
Justin